Thursday, May 13, 2010

Strawberry Field

 

 

 

 


I have shared my love of cooking and all things organic and yummy! There is a farm outside of Fredericksburg that allows you to pick fresh Strawberries, Peaches, Blackberries and veggies. For me, it is better than the Farmer's Market (which I do love) because I get to pick my own produce. I imagine the only thing being better than this is picking them from my own garden. So far, only the Strawberries are ready and I bet by this weekend the picking season for them will be done but we will be back to hit the other crops too.

We had so much fun! Of course, we made a contest out of the pickin'. Daddy won all categories, including the biggest and prettiest Strawberry. Camy picked her first Strawberry which resulted in immediate Strawberry jam on her white outfit! Oh well!

The owner is a little scary. You have to get a "picking lesson" before you are allowed to pick and the man means business. However, once you get through the lesson the rest is all fun times!

We picked several pounds which as of Wednesday night are all gone. Most were popped straight into the mouth but I managed to save a few and make Strawberry shortcake last night.

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!