Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A trip home

A trip home
I like that we grew up in the same town. We have the same kind of roots and we have known each other our whole lives. Though we go back there now, and talk about how much the town has changed and believe that "it was so much better when we were growing up." There is not much to our little town. However, it will always be a piece of our past and our hometown. We probably only make a couple trips down there each year but as doodle gets older, it is fun to show him around. The background of the first picture is MSW's Little League field. The field is no longer in use, the grass has overtaken the infield and the scoreboard is rusted. If you were to head 200 yards past the scoreboard, you would run right into the house that I grew up in. On the other side, the spot that I am standing to take the picture is MSW's parents' graves. It was not until I was standing in that spot, taking that picture, that I realized the magnitude of that. MSW spent more hours of his childhood on that field than any where else...they were perfectly placed.





Another picture of the field. I would ride up the dirt road on a 3-wheeler to go watch the games and hit the snacks at the concession stand. I had no idea that 20+ years later that I would be telling my son, "that is where I watched daddy play baseball when he was your age (or a little older)!"







Pizz-A-ghetti....because who really makes a trip home without a meal at Bob's?

3 comments:

The Millers said...

Tears are just flowing Dee. So many wonderful memories at that ball park!!!!! BlowPops dipped in Cima Red!!!!! YUMMY!!!!!!!! And what a wonderful realization about Mike's parents' graves. That is really awesome when you think about it. It is almost painful to go back home now, the only thing that gets me through it, is all the wonderful memories of how it used to be. BTW, I toured the girls all through town when we were home a few weeks ago and we drove by your house!!!! I showed Sydni where we stole Tika from. Remember that dog me, you and Honey stole from Hank Brown's house?

Love you Dee.

The Millers said...

LOVIN' CADEN'S HAIR BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just sayin' said...

Shae-

We really did have an amazing childhood full of unforgetable memories. I had forgotten all about Tika. And Hank Brown!!!! Oh my- wonder what he is up to these days? That kid was scary.

We had spent the day at Richard's pool and Dakota decided to give Cade some spikey hair!

love you too!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!