Thursday, September 10, 2009

"big mama"

Before I can even drive the 200 yards home after I pick him up, I am anxiously tearing into his "travel folder." I love to see what he did during the day. Did he earn his sticker? What volunteer opportunities are there today (because, yes, I am so that mom!) And the art work...oh the art work that I treasure and adore. So yesterday here is what the art work entailed.... The assignment? Draw a picture of what makes you happy on one side and what makes you sad on the other.



This is a close-up of the sad side...Hmmm? Who does that look like? Hmmmm....I wonder???




A picture of the whole page.

So we sit down as I make him each day when we get home and tell me about his day and describe all his work to me. We get to the Happy/Sad picture. "This side shows what makes me happy. See sweets, (love, love that I am still sweets!) this is me hitting a baseball really far. See that fire coming out of the ball because I hit it so hard! That is what makes me happy! The sad side is my Legos that I built. I work and work and get it really high and then they always start to fall over. That is what makes me sad." And that person right there; who is that doodle? "Oh, the one with the big tummy?" "yeah, that one." "That is you mama....but don't worry I did not tell anyone that was you?" Oh thanks! I feel so much better!

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!