Tuesday, March 3, 2009

You know Spring is here when....

...all the mountain laurels are in full bloom. The purple clusters that fill the air with the smell of grape kool-aid are plenty! I love them and love that they are located all over our campus. As a bonus, our little mountain laurel that we planted in our front yard a couple of years ago has 4 big clusters of blooms on it.

.....80 degree afternoons- windows opened to let spring into the house.

.....Capri pants and tees, flip flops and pretty, painted toe nails.

.....weddings are in the air! I shot a roof-top wedding downtown on Saturday, shot bridal portraits on Sunday and have 3 wedding invitations hanging on my refrigerator & shooting two in April. I love weddings!!!

.....our garden is planted! every herb under the sun, tomatoes, peppers, asparagus and cucumbers (for our early spring garden.)

.....baseball season is here! Doodle had his first practice on Sunday afternoon. I am not sure who was more excited him or "coach dad." So fun to watch them share this passion. His first game will not be until after spring break and we are so excited. I cannot imagine how cute it will be!

....watching the pool men getting the pool ready.

....anticipating the time change this weekend as we "spring forward."

Good-bye ole' winter and if I may request, we really only want you around for one day next year....Christmas....that will be just fine for this warm-weather loving, outdoor family!

3 comments:

R and R Stacy said...

We started baseball this past weekend. It's been great so far! We have another tourney this weekend in Flower Mound.
I love spring too!!
Happy Tuesday! Miss ya home girl! ha ha

Amy said...

Hi there! I'd love to see some of those wedding pics...do you post them anywhere? Happy Spring!

Hope said...

Maybe I can make it up for one of the games. I'm sure it will be quite entertaining:)

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!